Sebastian's rudimentary homepage
This is an index of all things me.
- Name: Sebastian Anthony
- Current location: London, England
- Job: Senior Editor, ExtremeTech (Ziff Davis)
- Email: email@example.com
- TV & radio appearances: I am more than happy to talk about technology and some areas of science on radio or TV. I am most authoritative/knowledgeable when it comes to emerging tech, consumer tech, science, or a news story that I've covered recently. I have been on BBC, Al Jazeera, and NPR, among other networks/stations. Email me if you want to set something up. I live close to central London, so can visit your studio if needed.
- ExtremeTech -- While it was once an incredibly popular site, and even a print magazine, ExtremeTech was shuttered in 2009. Now, under new management, and with me as the senior editor, Ziff Davis has relaunched ET. We will rise from the ashes and provide interesting and insightful news and features on all things technology. If you're just looking for stuff written by me, hit up my ExtremeTech author page.
- Flickr -- As well as being an editor/writer, I'm also (technically) a professional photographer. I mostly only take photos when I travel, though -- and then upload them to Flickr! My best photos are available in the Portfolio set on Flickr.
- Twitter -- Are inane, egocentric babblings your kind of thing? Despite being deeply embroiled in the world of technology, I also tweet about food, music, TV, and the (surprising) love of my life: musical theatre.
- My blog -- My every-day blog crammed full of pretty photos, funny stories and tales from my around-the-world travels. The purpose of this blog was to chronicle my rise to fame as both a fine-art landscape photographer and writer. This blog has not been updated regularly in a long time, but there's still a lot of fun stuff on there.
- Instagram -- While Flickr tends to mostly be photos of pretty landscapes and photos taken with my DSLR, Instagram is mostly smartphone photos of my bearded visage, food, and stuff like that.
- LinkedIn -- Just because I'm not a cubicle-camping office-dweller (I work from an awesome home office) doesn't mean I don't NETWORK!
- Facebook -- I sometimes share stuff on Facebook instead of Twitter. If you really want to, you can follow me on Facebook -- but Twitter and Instagram is probably enough. I also have a mostly defunct "fan" page on Facebook, which in theory will one day make you eligible for money-off vouchers that'll make my photo prints even more economically attractive. But right now it does nothing.
- Google+ -- I'm not entirely sure if I'll use Google+ and its Circles feature, but here's a link to my profile just in case.
- Buy my photos! -- My photos, which hang in galleries and fancy homes around the world, are very reasonably priced and look fantastic when blown up large. As I sell more and exhibit in galleries they go up in price, so time is of the essence!
- Download Squad (RIP) -- This is where I used to write, way back in 2009-2011... and then AOL unceremoniously shut us down. My Download Squad author page is still available as of August 2014, if you're looking for software-oriented tech news (but do apologise my not-so-great writing back then...)
If the previous two sections didn't sate your curiousity, or if they piqued it, email me. Perhaps you can gleam something from my Spotify profile, or Goodreads (though I haven't read a book in a long time, sadly). The "sebastian" tag on my blog has some interesting background on me, too.
As I mentioned above, if you need me for a TV or radio segment, I'm more than happy to talk about technology (consumer and enterprise), science (space, emerging sci/tech), and a few other odd areas (robots, high-tech weapons, etc.) Just email me if you want to set something up.
Generally, if you see a Mr Seb anywhere on the internet, it's me (unless it's a Frenchman -- there are a lot of French Mr Sebs, for some reason).